Terms and Conditions
Community Innovation Hub (CIH) is a for-profit entity registered under section 32 of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 (XLVII of 1984) - (Corporate Identification No.0105957). CIH works on improving basic health care in communities through a spectrum of services focused on primary health care consultation, health awareness and health counselling.
Sehat Kahani, the first brand launched under the banner of CIH is an Innovative Female Centric Healthcare Service providing accessible M-Health & TeleHealth Services to women in the marginalized populations by bridging the gaps between the at home female physicians, nurses & Community Health workers. It encompasses a range of tele-health components including telemedicine, health education and promotion; capacity building of human health resource and provision of ICT based solutions for gender adversity in health sector. Ultimately the goal of Sehat Kahani is primary health service delivery all across Pakistan, specifically to the marginalized.
These terms and conditions (the "terms") are a legal contract between Sehat Kahani powered by Community Innovation Hub ("we" or "us") and "you". The terms explain how you are permitted to use the services provided by and the website located at the URL http://www.sehatkahani.com (as well as all associated sites linked to www.sehatkahani.com) (collectively, the "site"). Unless otherwise specified, all references to "site" include any software that Sehat Kahani provides to you that allows you to access the site from a mobile device (a "mobile application"). By using this site, you are agreeing to all the terms; if you do not agree with any of these terms, do not access or otherwise use this site or any information contained on this site.
What we do
- Our services are provided through the site (which will include mobile applications), which is a tele-health online solution that allows participating medical professionals and health care staff ("healthcare providers" or "providers") to communicate with their clients and patients ("patients") to provide health care services online and perform virtual real time consultations via a secure internet connection (the "services").
- The services are intended for use by health care providers and patients in connection with active patient monitoring so as to allow immediate clinical action or continuous monitoring by a health care provider or the patient.
- Use of our services is not appropriate for emergencies. If you think you have a medical or mental health emergency, or if at any time you are concerned about your care or treatment, go to the nearest open clinic or emergency room.
- Never disregard, avoid, or delay in obtaining medical advice from a doctor or other qualified healthcare provider because of something posted on the site.
- To the extent medical advice is provided to you by a health care provider through the services, such medical advice is based on your personal health data as provided by you to the health care provider and the local standards of care for your presenting symptoms, based on the information you provide. The medical advice provided by your health care provider is not under the control of Sehat Kahani, nor is it provided to or used by Sehat Kahani.
Patient and Health Care Provider Responsibilities
- If you are a patient, you accept responsibility for yourself in the use of the services. You acknowledge that your relationship for health care services is with your health care provider, and your obtaining services from the healthcare provider is solely at your own risk and you assume full responsibility for all risk associated therewith, to the extent permitted by law. By using the service, you agree to not hold Sehat Kahani liable in any way for any malpractice or substandard treatment the healthcare provider may render.
- We duly confirm the credentials of healthcare providers using our services and validate that they are in good standing with their respective licensure board(s).
- If you are a healthcare provider, you accept responsibility for your patients as well as yourself in the use of this service. You are also responsible for the quality of the services you provide during your use of the service and for complying with all applicable laws in connection with your use of the service.
- Sehat Kahani has established reasonable safeguards and procedures to protect the security of patient information, but you as health care provider must also take steps to protect your privacy and confidentiality that of your patients.
General Provisions Regarding Use and Age Requirement
- By using this site, you represent, acknowledge and agree that you are at least 18 years of age
- Sehat Kahani provides content through the site that is copyrighted and/or trademarked work. Materials may include logos, graphics, video, images, software and other content.
- If you breach any of these terms, your user license will terminate automatically and you must immediately destroy any downloaded or printed materials.
Visitors and Registered Users
- As a visitor, you can view, visit and browse through the site. You need not register with Sehat Kahani to simply visit and view the site, to browse and see the partial, publicly accessible information in the site.
- However, in order to access the services and materials offered on and through the site, you must register with Sehat Kahani for an account and receive a password. Registered users can be patients or healthcare providers.
(a) Password Restricted Areas of This Site
To register for an account with Sehat Kahani, you must submit the following information through the account registration
page on the site:
- Providers: Providers are required to provide certain personal information, and information about their practices, including: the provider's name, date of birth, gender, address, email, mobile and work phone. We may also collect certain optional information, including: middle name or initial, bank account or other payment information and other contact details, picture and communication preferences.
- Patients: Patients are required to provide certain personal information, including: name, date of birth, gender, address, email, mobile and emergency number, as well as a user id and password. Patients may also provide certain optional information, including middle name or initial, contact info and contact details, picture and communications preferences. In addition, the patient can communicate other health-related information to the healthcare provider during a video consultation via the Sehat Kahani app. Optional information is not required to register for an account but may be helpful to Sehat Kahani in providing you with a more customized experience when using the site or its services.
- Once you have created your Sehat Kahani account and provided a user-name and password, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Sehat Kahani password, and you are responsible for all activities that occur using your Sehat Kahani password. You agree not to share your Sehat Kahani password, let others access or use your Sehat Kahani password or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your Sehat Kahani password. You agree to notify Sehat Kahani if your Sehat Kahani password on this site is lost, stolen, if you are aware of any unauthorized use of your Sehat Kahani password on this site or if you know of any other breach of security in relation to this site. You are solely responsible for any and all use of your account and all activities that occur under or in connection with it.
- All the information that you provide when registering for an account and otherwise through the site must be accurate, complete and up to date. You may change, correct or remove any information from your account by logging into your account directly and making the desired changes. You agree not to register for an account on behalf of an individual other than yourself, or register for an account on behalf of any group or entity unless you are authorized to bind such person, group or entity to these terms. By registering another person, group or entity you hereby represent that you are authorized to do so.
- Individuals and/or entities whom access to the site or use of the services have previously been terminated by Sehat Kahani may not register for a new account, nor may designate other individuals to use an account on its or your behalf.
(b) Beta Version of the Site
Payments and Subscriptions
- By registering for an account with Sehat Kahani, you become a "registered user" with access to certain password-restricted areas of the site and to use certain services and materials offered on and through the site (a "subscription"). Each subscription and the rights and privileges provided to a registered user is personal and non-transferable. All sales and payments of subscription fees will be in us dollars. All subscription fees are non-refundable under any circumstances.
- Sehat Kahani reserves the right to change prices for subscriptions at any time, and does not provide price protection or refunds in the event of promotions or price decreases. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Sehat Kahani shall notify registered users of any price changes thirty (30) days prior to any change. Sehat Kahani shall honor any subscription prices until the expiration of the applicable subscription term.
Special Provisions for Mobile Applications
Sehat Kahani may make available mobile applications to access the site via a mobile device. To use the mobile application you must have a mobile device that is compatible with the mobile service. Sehat Kahani does not warrant that the mobile application will be compatible with your mobile device.
Links to Third-Party Sites
You are responsible for the information, opinions, messages, comments, photos, videos, graphics, sounds and other content or material that you submit, upload, post or otherwise make available on or through the site (each a "submission"). You may not upload, post or otherwise make available on this site any material protected by copyright, trademark, or any other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of such copyright, trademark or other proprietary right owned by a third-party, and the burden of determining whether any material is protected by any such right is on you. You shall be solely liable for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyrights, trademarks, proprietary rights, violation of contract, privacy or publicity rights or any other harm resulting from any submission that you make. You have full responsibility for each submission you make, including its legality, reliability and appropriateness.
When using this site and/or the services, you agree not to:
- Defame abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Use racially, ethnically, or otherwise offensive language.
- Discuss or incite illegal activity.
- Use explicit/obscene language or solicit/post sexually explicit images (actual or simulated).
- Post anything that exploits children or minors or that depicts cruelty to animals.
- Post any copyrighted or trademarked materials without the express permission from the owner.
- Disseminate any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, ‘junk mail', ‘spam', ‘chain letters', ‘pyramid schemes', or any other form of such solicitation.
- Use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the site.
- Take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure.
- Alter the opinions or comments posted by others on this site.
- Post anything contrary to our public image, goodwill or reputation.
- This list of prohibitions provides examples and is not complete or exclusive. Sehat Kahani reserves the right to (a) terminate access to your account, your ability to post to this site and (b) refuse, delete or remove any submissions; with or without cause and with or without notice, for any reason or no reason, or for any action that Sehat Kahani determines is inappropriate or disruptive to this site or to any other user of this site. Sehat Kahani may report to law enforcement authorities any actions that may be illegal, and any reports it receives of such conduct. When legally required or at Sehat Kahani's discretion, Sehat Kahani will cooperate with law enforcement agencies in any investigation of alleged illegal activity on this site or on the internet.
- Unauthorized use of any materials or third-party content contained on this site may violate certain laws and regulations.
- You agree to indemnify and hold Sehat Kahani and its officers, directors, employees, affiliates, agents, licensors, and business partners harmless from and against any and all costs, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including attorneys' fees and costs of defense) Sehat Kahani or any other indemnified party suffers in relation to, arising from, or for the purpose of avoiding, any professional negligence or malpractice claim or any claim or demand from a third-party that your use of this site or the use of this site by any person using your user name and/or password (including without limitation, your participation in the posting areas or, your submissions) violates any applicable law or regulation, or infringe or misappropriate the copyrights, trademark rights or other rights of any third-party.
Unless otherwise specified in these terms, all information and screens appearing on this site, including documents, services, site design, text, graphics, logos, images and icons, as well as the arrangement thereof, are the sole property of Sehat Kahani. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. Except as otherwise required or limited by applicable law, any reproduction, distribution, modification, retransmission, or publication of any copyrighted material is strictly prohibited without the express written consent of the copyright owner or license.
Intellectual property infringement
Sehat Kahani respects the intellectual property rights of others, and we ask you to do the same. Sehat Kahani may, in appropriate circumstances and at our discretion, terminate service and/or access to this site for users who infringe the intellectual property rights of others.
Disclaimer of warranties
Your use of this site is at your own risk. Materials and submissions have not been verified or authenticated in whole or in part by Sehat Kahani, and they may include inaccuracies or typographical or other errors. Sehat Kahani does not warrant the accuracy of timeliness of the materials or submissions contained on this site. Sehat Kahani has no liability for any errors or omissions in the materials, whether provided by Sehat Kahani, our licensors or suppliers or other users.
Limitation of Liability
Sehat Kahani shall not be liable to you for any damages resulting from your displaying, copying, or downloading any materials to or from this site. In no event shall Sehat Kahani be liable to you for any indirect, extraordinary, exemplary, punitive, special, incidental, or consequential damages (including loss of data, revenue, profits, use or other economic advantage) however arising, even if Sehat Kahani knows there is a possibility of such damage.
If you send or transmit any communications, comments, questions, suggestions, or related materials to Sehat Kahani, whether by letter, email, telephone, or otherwise (collectively, "feedback"), suggesting or recommending changes to the site, services or materials, including, without limitation, new features or functionality relating thereto, all such feedback is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary. You hereby assign all right, title, and interest in, and Sehat Kahani is free to use, without any attribution or compensation to you, any ideas, know-how, concepts, techniques, or other intellectual property and proprietary rights contained in the feedback, whether or not patentable, for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to, developing, manufacturing, having manufactured, licensing, marketing, and selling, directly or indirectly, products and services using such feedback. You understand and agree that Sehat Kahani is not obligated to use, display, reproduce, or distribute any such ideas, know-how, concepts, or techniques contained in the feedback, and you have no right to compel such use, display, reproduction, or distribution.
If you have any questions about these terms or otherwise need to contact Sehat Kahani for any reason, you can reach us at email@example.com